"I might paint a picture of a clown!"
In Episode 1, Yellow Guy asks the Sketchbook how you get an idea. He also paints a picture of a clown, and oil is poured on it. He states his favorite color is green, which the Sketchbook says is not a creative color. Inside their kitchen in Episode 5, Yellow Guy is first seen sitting at a table with Duck. They both notice that Red Guy is strangely missing, but are soon interrupted by The Healthy Band. Yellow Guy at first is reluctant to listen to the foods, but he soon succumbs to their brainwashing. He is then shown obese, due to eating Duck. A phone rings, but Yellow Guy does not answer.
In Episode 6, Yellow Guy acknowledges that his friends are gone, and goes to sleep afterwards. A lamp comes to life and tries to teach him about dreams, even though Yellow Guy show a big disliking to it. Afterwards, he awakes from a "bad dream" and is shown drowning in oil, like what the lamp said in his dreams.
After Red Guy discovers the control center, Yellow Guy is still shown being tortured by the Lamp. Red Guy hits multiple buttons in an attempt to get Yellow Guy out. Instead, however, multiple teachers (including ones never seen before), are one by one placed into Yellow Guy's reality continuously torturing him to the point where he ends up becoming gaunt. After Red Guy pulls the plug, the timeline is altered, and it shows the first scene in the first episode, except now new versions of the protagonists were created (who are in their their favorite color). What ends up becoming of the real Yellow Guy on the other hand is currently unknown.
In Episode 1, Yellow Guy is shown with yellow skin and a round, orange nose, with short, blue spiky hair. He has a small, almost childlike body, with thin limbs and a wrinkly neck. He wears dark purple overalls with a "D" stitched over the front pocket, and white shoes.
As of Episode 2, Yellow Guy's hair is now long in the back, giving him somewhat of a mullet. His overalls are now grayish blue and his shoes are black. (Although, his shoes become white again in certain episodes.)
In Episode 6, he is seen wearing white and blue striped pyjamas.
He has a childlike personality and he enjoys the sight of nature. He is also very sensitive, which is shown when he becomes incredibly upset when Duck killed a butterfly. He also seems to not be very intelligent, which is shown when he called Shrignold a little baby pigeon and called his dad a computer. He also sometimes questions the obvious and doesn't know the obvious. However, in the 6th episode, he realizes something is wrong, and knows of everything that happened in all previous episodes and constantly tells The Lamp to stop singing. In Episode 6, he is very scared of Tony the Talking Clock, Shrignold, Colin, and Steak, when they appear.
- "How do you get the idea?" —Yellow Guy, Episode 1
- "I might paint a picture of a clown!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 1
- "I'm friends with my Dad." —Yellow Guy, Episode 2
- "My dad is a com-computer." —Yellow Guy, Episode 2
- "It's twenty past day, there's fish on my tray!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 2
- "Is time even real? Does anyone know?" —Yellow Guy, Episode 2
- "A little baby pigeon!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 3
- "What is love, is it in the sky?" —Yellow Guy, Episode 3
- "I love you too, furry boy!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 3
- "I love this tree, and I love this stick, and I love this—" —Yellow Guy, Episode 3
- "Wow, I'd like to be as smart as a computer!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 4
- "I don't get it! How can it be? If I'm sitting at home, but I'm inside the screen?" —Yellow Guy, Episode 4
- "Wow look, nothing!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 4
- "Hmm... something's different!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 5
- "Food is talking!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 5
- "I choose a pizza slice! Bread and cheese and tastes of nice!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 5
- "Goodnight, guys. I miss you..." —Yellow Guy, Episode 6
- "No, I don't want to know! I don't—I don't want to know how to have dreams! No! No!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 6
- "No, no, no more songs!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 6
- "You made me die!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 6
- "Make it stop!" —Yellow Guy, Episode 6
- Yellow Guy's appearance greatly changed between Episodes 1 and 2, and slightly changed in 3 and 4.
- His favorite color is green.
- In Episode 3, his name is supposedly changed to Shrigis by the Love Cult.
- In an exclusive interview with It's Nice That, it was confirmed that:
- Yellow Guy likes to eat spaghetti.
- Yellow Guy is allergic to eggs, wasps, crabs, bats, meat, trees, jets, walnuts, stairs, horses, and carpet.
- Yellow Guy is afraid of his allergies, the moon, and the sky.
- Yellow Guy loves crisps, a fountain, and some wizards.
- Yellow Guy has dreams that his "middle is haunted."
- His bed has the letter "Y" on it for yellow, just like Red Guy's bed has a "R" on it for red and Duck has a "D" for duck.
- He is the only one of the protagonists to have a family member introduced, in this case his father Roy.
- Yellow Guy's last name is likely Gribbleston, as it was confirmed to be his father Roy's last name.
- In the TV Show pilot, it is confirmed that Yellow Guy is 38 years old.
- He has special buckles he wears on his shoes for his birthday.
- Yellow Guy is antagonized the most out of all the characters. This is probably because his father sponsors the show, and is using it to "take [his son] on a trip to punish land." An example being Sketchbook ruining his painting. The only teacher who doesn’t antagonize him specifically in any way is Colin the Computer.
- It is unknown why there is a letter "D" on Yellow Guy's overalls. Fans have theorized that this is because his real name was intended to be Doi (as vaguely hinted at in one of Becky Sloan's Instagram posts).
- It is likely that Yellow Guy is still in the original universe continuously being tortured by the teachers for all eternity in the end of Episode 6, even if a new version of him was created.