"Time is important and I am a clock." -Tony the Talking Clock
He is also a minor antagonist in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6.
He is a wall clock with a navy blue face, two scarlet red arrows (possibly in the style of a moustache) and four yellow marks resembling the lines clocks usually adorn. His facial rim, arms, and legs are a darker shade of blue. He wears a yellow bow-tie with red stripes, white gloves, and yellow and red shoes. He also has very long, slim legs and arms. He wears a top hat and carries a brown cane while in the Victorian era.
He enjoys explaining time and telling the characters how he believes their time should be spent. He often interrupts or insults the puppets when they try to argue with him. For example, when he gets offended after they question the existence of time and, in the process, makes the Yellow Guy's ears bleed with extremely loud beeping.
He is also very enthusiastic about the future and technology, despite paradoxically spouting that "the future doesn't exist" earlier on in the song, often telling the main characters all the conceivably amazing things they could do and how "cool" the future is. As an aside, he also explains that "there is always a time and a place for mucking around".
Tony exhibits traits of narcissism and egotism, as he shows to care about significantly more himself than others and doesn't actually respect his students. He reveals his true sadistic side at the end of DHMIS 2, chuckling whilst saying that "he is only a clock", and that "eventually everyone runs out of time" while the puppets decay as a result of extreme ageing.
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2
- Spreading misinformation to the puppets about the concept of time.
- Not letting the puppets ponder about the forced lesson he gave them.
- Demolishing Duck Guy's House of Cards.
- Interrupting the puppets' show.
- Emitting extremely high-pitched beeping and screaming, causing the puppets pain and causing Yellow Guy's ears to bleed.
- "Killing" the three puppets by rapidly accelerating their age.
- Antagonizing Yellow Guy for no apparent reason.
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6
- Torturing Yellow Guy along with the future teachers.
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 3 - [Cameo]
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4 - [Cameo]
Wakey Wakey - [Cameo]
- He mostly frowned upon Duck Guy.
- His bow tie often disappears.
- The name "Tony the Talking Clock" was confirmed by Becky Sloan in an interview with Dazed.
- He and Roy Gribbleston may be the only characters that wouldn't have been murdered by Money Man as they weren't kidnapped. However, this is unknown.
- He can be seen while Shrignold is brainwashing Yellow Guy into joining The Love Cult alongside Sketchbook, Roy Gribbleston, Red Guy and Duck Guy.
- He is an object, like Sketchbook, Colin the Computer, Spinach Can, and Lamp.
- He dislikes it when someone questions the meaning of time.
- He appears in the 6th episode, however being slightly altered. His "moustache" is thicker and shorter and his eyebrows are a bit longer.
- In the 6th episode, the machine that controls the teachers has a clock on it resembling Tony.
- Goof: When he says "Now you can see the importance of time," his mouth doesn't move.