My silly boy has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant and rude, for this I will take him on a trip to punish land.
Roy Gribbleston is Yellow Guy's perverted and malicious father. He is the main antagonist of the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared series. He is the base of many theories, the biggest one being that he is the Money Man. He has "uploaded" a video to YouTube called "RAT EATS EGG." He directed a series which the puppets watched called Craig's Big Day. He is most likely the person who has been controlling the teachers in each episode, as he is seen approaching the machine with Red Guy at it in Episode 6 and is trying to regain control over it before Red Guy unplugs it.
Roy has yellow skin and a crooked, orange, oblong nose. He has an oval-shaped head with forehead wrinkles, a straight mouth with three teeth, oblong eyes, and stringy blue hair. Roy wears brown overalls with an "R" stitched on the front pocket, held up by multicolored buttons. He also wears white shoes.
He appears to be perverted and has been shown looking at heavily pixelated pornographic websites. He only communicates through heavy breathing. He has been seen drinking, or possibly drinking wine, hinting that he may be an alcoholic. He also appears to be sadistic seeing as he didn't want Red Guy to pull the plug on the control panel in Episode 6 when Yellow Guy was suffering. He also seems to enjoy stalking the puppets. Although not much is known about him, he comes off as a typical sociopath.
- He can be seen wearing the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared shirt with Yellow Guy on it.
- His overalls have an "R" on it, presumably standing for his name.
- He doesn't talk at all, he only communicates with heavy breathing.
- Although he was seen using real words in the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared interview, his voice was actually never heard in the series.
- He is the only character to cameo in every episode after his introduction up until the end.
- Apparently, he helped Becky and Joe create Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 - TIME, it could either be referring to him or someone else. Likewise, in the credits of Episodes 3, 4, and 5, someone named "Royngtt" has helped create Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 3, this could mean that Roy Gribbleston has helped work on it, or the credits could be referring to someone else. As of Episode 6, it is almost certain that it is referring to him, as he seems to be responsible for the entire show in-universe.
- There is a chance he has kidnapped the three main characters because on their Kickstarter page when tied up Yellow Guy asks, "Why are we at my dad's house?", although Red Guy dismisses this afterward.
- His relationship with his son is currently unknown, as in Episode 6, he is shown to take pleasure in Yellow Guy's suffering, seeing as he didn't want Red Guy to pull the plug to end his misery. However, he has been seen in a portrait with him, and Yellow Guy describes him as his "friend". The feeling may or may not be mutual.
- His current status and location are unknown after Red Guy pulled the plug, but he is seen on the top right corner of the end credits of Episode 6 standing in the dark.
- He might be the one who controls the Control Panel.