My silly boy has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant and rude, for this I will take him on a trip to punish land.
Roy Gribbleston is Yellow Guy's perverted and malicious father.
Apparently, he helped Becky and Joe create "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 - TIME" judging by a behind the scenes picture and has received special thanks starting from Episode 3 until the last episode. He has "uploaded" a video to YouTube called "RAT EATS EGG" and he possibly directed a series called Craig's Big Day, the one the puppets intended to watch in Episode 2 ("Directed by Roy" could either be referring to him or someone else).
Roy has yellow skin and a crooked, orange, oblong nose. He has an oval-shaped head with forehead wrinkles, a straight mouth with three teeth, oblong eyes, and stringy blue hair. Roy wears brown overalls with an "R" stitched on the front pocket (presumably standing for his name), held up by multicolored buttons. He also wears white shoes.
He only communicates through heavy breathing so his voice is never heard.
He appears to be perverted and has been shown looking at heavily pixelated pornographic websites and, on one occasion, has been seen drinking - possibly wine - hinting that he may be an alcoholic. He seems to enjoy stalking the puppets as he often can be seen looking at them and also appears to be sadistic as he watched Yellow Guy drown in oil in Episode 6 and, presumably, was the one who send all the teachers to the puppets. Although not much is known about him, he comes off as a typical sociopath.
His relationship with his son is currently unknown. In Episode 2 he is seen holding hands with his son and in Episode 4 they can be seen in a portrait together but in Episode 6, he is shown to take pleasure in Yellow Guy's suffering and in the "It's Nice That" interview he states that he will take his son on a trip to punish land. Yellow Guy describes him as his "friend" but the feeling may or may not be mutual.
When Red Guy looks into the crowd during his performance in Episode 6 he seems to recognize him but he might have also just been surprised to see him.
Role in the Series
At first glance he does not appear much in the series but he can be seen at crucial moments and there are many references to him. When he first appears in Episode 2 the weather changes signalizing his importance.
He seems to be the main antagonist of the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared series and is most likely the person who has been controlling the teachers in each episode, as he is seen appearing from behind Red Guy in Episode 6 when he is pressing buttons on the Control Panel. It could be that he is trying to regain control over the machine before Red Guy unplugs it.
- He can be seen wearing the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared shirt with Yellow Guy on it.
- Although he was seen using real words in the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared interview, his voice was actually never heard in the series.
- In Episode 2 when Tony talks about the moon and the sun the moon bears his image.
- There are many foot items in the kitchen in Episode 5 containing his name.
- Judging by this he could be the owner of a food brand.
- He is able to extend his left arm to long distances.
- He is the only character to cameo in every episode after his introduction up until the end.
- In the credits of Episode 2 with Voices stands "Baker Terry / Roy" suggesting that Roy does his own voice.
- As of Episode 3 all credits mention "& Roy" as the last name.
- In the credits of Episodes 3, 4, and 5, someone named "Royngtt" has helped create Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 3, this could mean that Roy Gribbleston has helped work on it, or the credits could be referring to someone else. As of Episode 6, it is almost certain that it is referring to him, as he seems to be responsible for the entire show in-universe.
- There is a chance he has kidnapped the three main characters because on their Kickstarter page when tied up Yellow Guy asks, "Why are we at my dad's house?", although Red Guy dismisses this afterward.
- Becky stated that he has a basement.
- He is the base of many theories, the biggest one being that he is the Money Man
- His current status and location are unknown after Red Guy pulled the plug, but he is seen on the top right corner of the end credits of Episode 6 looking at the viewer.