"I wonder what will happen."
-Red GuyRed Guy   is one of the main protagonists, in the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared videos, along with Duck Guy and Yellow Guy. He resembles no known creature or thing besides spaghetti and a mop. He is portrayed and voiced by Joe Pelling.
Red Guy is seen at the end of Episode 5 during the credits, in which he walks away from a telephone booth. He apparently was calling home, in an attempt to tell Duck Guy and Yellow Guy to escape. His head is also seen in the microwave in the same episode.
He played a major role in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6, resetting the cycle. In episode 6, he was in a world filled with other people of his species in suits for a majority of the episode, before finding the control machine in which Yellow Guy is still trapped. Red Guy started pushing the machine's buttons, glitching the Lamp into teachers encountered in previous episodes and many other new teachers, until Roy's hand stretched out and touched Red Guy's shoulder, shocking him. Red Guy then found a plug connected to the machine and pulled it. This reset the whole series, changed the puppets into their favorite colors, (turning Red Guy blue), and moved the calendar from June 19 to June 20. Sketchbook appears and begins to say, "What's your favorite idea?" as the episode cuts to black.
Red Guy is now his canon name, as revealed on his name tag in the sixth episode.
Red Guy is the tallest of the main trio. He has red, yarn-like hair that covers his head and has two eyes on top of his head. His whole body is red. Unlike Yellow Guy and Duck Guy, he doesn't wear any clothes. In the sixth episode, it is revealed that his species normally wears clothes, which is apparently business attire. He also wears a suit until he takes it off to sing on stage. Unlike most characters, he is played by a person in a costume rather than a puppet. After he pulls the plug from the machine, he appears to be blue entirely. Perhaps not so coincidentally, blue is his favorite color along with brown.
Out of all of his friends, he is the most mature, sarcastic, sharp-witted and seems to have the most common sense of the 3 puppets. He often makes sarcastic comments to the teachers. In Episode 4 he becomes enemies with Colin the Computer. Red Guy seems to be the most pessimistic of the three puppets, as he doesn't show much interest in the lessons, and would rather go about his own business. It is possible that he is older or more mature than the other two protagonists, as a picture of him in a graduation cap holding a diploma is seen on a wall in one episode.
Just like Duck Guy, he cares about Yellow Guy, as seen in the third episode when they give him the last boiled egg in order to prove their friendship. He was really bored and hard to interest in the fourth episode, as seen with his sarcasm. He seems to grow impatient with the teachers very often, finally standing up to Colin in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4.
In Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6, we see where Red Guy was after being taken out of the "show", a world populated with several Red People just like him, all of whom has boring jobs at offices. He seems to become bored with this 'real world', and tries to do things to stand out, at one point even singing the "Creativity Song" in front of an audience. However, he is booed by the crowd.
Despite Red Guy's pessimistic behavior he seems to genuinely care about the people around him, and can even be selfless at times. in the pilot episode of the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared television Series, Wakey Wakey, while everybody else in town seems more worried about their own saftey and security, Red Guy goes out on his own to search for Mayor Pigface. This was also showcased earlier in the episode when he kept asking "Who's gonna find him?" while Yellow Guy was worried about his birthday and Duck was worried about who was going to be in charge.
"That sounds really boring."
"Come on guys, stop mucking around. We only have five minutes until our show's on."
"...What? Who is that?"
"But we don't really want to, we're going to miss our show."
"And then what happened after the olden days."
"There's fish everywhere... fish everywhere."
"If we run out of time, where does it go?"
"Isn't it nice to finally be outside on such a beautiful day."
"Hm, He seems upset about something, I wonder what will happen."
"I'd also like to eat the chicken. Let's do that instead!"
"Now we've eaten the chicken, I don't know what to do."
"I guess it must be because we... ‘love’... you."
"What is the biggest thing in the world?"
"Actually, we already have a computer."
"Wait a second."
"Oh yeah, wow-wow-wow, This is a computer..."
"Wow how amazing and interesting too, But in this digital World, What can we do? What can we d-"
"Uh, heh, hey. But, uh, wouldn't it be funny if, uh, one of these files came alive? A-and yeah... I am a file, and... you put... documents in me And, um... "A-doo-da-doo, a file... A...a funny...silly file...a-doo-doo..."
"You know, it did like a song."
"I wonder what will happen."
”Oh dear. We’re all tied up,”
"If you're watching this we need your help, We need Money, If we don't raise enough we'll be killed of, And you'll never see us again."
"How's that, Is that good."
"But remember we're running out of time"
"The log is in the bin. (3x)"
"I also live with them in the funny house too."
"Every morning we sing this song."
- Though he is a costumed character, Becky and Joe still consider him a puppet.
- Joe is wearing the head of the costumed character along with glasses on his Twitter icon.
- His head is on Becky Sloan's Twitter account icon along with Becky, Bird Puppet's head and a full-bodied Yellow Guy.
- It was unknown if he had ears or not in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 - TIME since he was covering his ears, it was revealed he actually does have ears when one of his ears were torn off by Money Man on HELP #3.
- When the puppets began to transform on the first Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, his appearance didn't change at all. (Probably since he already was a costume.)
- He has visited Japan.
- He helped take hundreds of posters to the post office.
- His name is confirmed on one of the Kickstarter posts where he is holding posters, which was posted on October 17th.
- His favorite color is blue, proven in episode 1 when the Sketchbook told him and the other puppets to get some stick and leaves and arrange them into their favorite color.
- Despite being one of the three main characters, he did not have any dialogue in the fifth video, though he did make numerous cameos.
- In Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 3, he can be seen among the crowd when Yellow Guy is being brainwashed. It is believed because Yellow Guy see's everyone he loves in that crowd and it is a dream.
- His hands can be seen sawing fake legs in a picture, it is unknown why.
- He is the closest we have got to an official name in the series. When Colin asks them personal questions, one of them was"what is your name?" Then red guy says "Well my name is Dr-" Before Colin interrupts.
- He is known by fans as Harry, however this is not an official name.
- He doesn't like to be bored.
- The puppets where in an exclusive interview with It's Nice That.
- He stated his favorite color is medium brown, aside from blue.
- He's allergic to music.
- He doesn't find anything exciting.
- He's scared of owls.
- His favorite song is "Anything by Smash Mouth."
- He loves Bono.
- When asked what he dreamt of he said "It’s always the same. I am about 10 years old lost in the woods. I can feel something following me, calling out my name, getting closer and closer. I try to scream but nothing comes out. Eventually I wake up from the boredom."
- He seemed to miss the teachings of the old episodes in episode 6.
- He pulled the plug to the control machine, causing the cycle to reset.
- He may be a smoker.
- Though he resembles no known living thing, it is strongly suggested he is based off of spaghetti, and a mop, which explains why he is hairy. Also, at the end of episode 4, he walks into a room which contains things that resemble the three main puppets, including Red Guy, which shows him as a mop with eyes.
- Red guy is the one who talks first in DHMIS 2, 3, and 4.
- ↑ Don't Hug Me I'm Scared : The Series by Becky and Joe — Kickstarter — Update #22, October 17th 2014
- ↑ Becky Sloan via Twitter, March 13th 2015
- ↑ https://instagram.com/p/44aGjpoGpW/?taken-by=becky.sloan
- ↑ https://twitter.com/japelling/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/DHMIS/videos/656587347776857/?permPage=1
- ↑ http://www.itsnicethat.com/features/dont-hug-me-im-scared-interview-030516]