"Looks like somebody's having a bad dream!"
—The Lamp, Episode 6
The Lamp is the secondary antagonist in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6. He attempts to teach Yellow Guy about dreams, even though Yellow Guy tries to end the song multiple times. At first he has no legs, however, once the first dream sequence starts, his legs appear.
The Lamp is a round lamp covered in pale yellow stars, with a red switch for a nose, and a sky blue top covered in white clouds. He has gloved hands, and long arms, and periodically long legs with red sneakers. He has eyes on the top of his body, and a long, thin red rectangular mouth under its switch. The star under its mouth occasionally glows. He also usually has crossed eyes. His shoes, legs, arms, and hands appear to be the same used for Tony in Episodes 2 and 6.
The Lamp has a temperament that can be regarded as spiteful, vitriolic, and even malicious, as evidenced by his mocking of Yellow Guy losing his friends, and ignoring everything he says, and rushing the lesson straight to him drowning in oil. It seems to purposefully disregard the things Yellow Guy says, and simply wishes to resume and complete the lesson. He can be considered the least qualified to teach lessons among all of the teachers in the show due to his considerably nonsensical and incoherent lyrics that fails to persuade a substantial objective or purpose.
The Lamp's song about dreams is of very poor quality compared to the other teachers, where the Lamp simply recites basic concepts regarding dreams before launching into a repetitive list of lyrics often starting with the words, "Or you can have a dream about...".
- Forced Yellow Guy into a lesson/song
- Drowned Yellow Guy in oil
- Completely ignored Yellow Guy's pleading
- Mocked Yellow Guy about losing his friends
- The Lamp is the first of the many miscellaneous teachers to appear in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6.
- The Lamp was the "Don't Worry" puppet that was teased on Becky Sloan's Instagram.
- The Lamp brings Yellow Guy to a completely 2D animated world filled with objects and characters from each episode.
- The Lamp is the first Teacher that failed to completely finish their song.
- The Lamp's behaviour, including his slurred speech and inability to sing properly, has resulted in him being considered intoxicated by numerous fans.
- The Lamp has a heavily autotuned voice.
- In Episode 6, when Roy meets up with Red Guy, there is a sped-up voice that can be heard saying "Just have a good night tonight!" coming from theControl Panel. It is believed that The Lamp was the one who said this.
- Tony and The Lamp seem to be somewhat similar, as they both are blue with black, flexible limbs (except in the animated section where the Lamp has blue limbs), and they are both rude to Yellow Guy.
- "Ooh, somebody's sleepy!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "How can you be sleepy, if you don't know how to have dreams?" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "A dreams are a movies that live in your head, every night when you sleep in your bed!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "Or you can have a dream about drowning in oil!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "Ooh! Looks like somebody's having a bad dream!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "And you can have a dream about eating a drink!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "Or you can have a dream about losing your friends!" —The Lamp, Episode 6
- "Or you can have a dream about burning your friends!" —The Lamp, Episode 6